Piikani Tsi Nii Ka Sin and 106.3 Piikani Nation Radio are currently hiring for a full-time, permanent position of On-Air Radio DJ. Please see below for posting details:
106.3 Piikani Nation Radio On-Air Radio DJ
Broadcasting at 106.3 from Piikani Nations; showcasing and promoting the Blackfoot language and Piikanissini (Piikani way of life). We are currently hiring for a full-time, permanent position as On-Air Radio DJ. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the On-Air Radio DJ works as part of the Piikani Tsi Nii Ka Sin and 106.3 Piikani Nation Radio team and is expected to be Outgoing and take responsibility for creating and producing and announcing topics over the radio. The successful candidate responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Produce, write, and narrate programs on the radio.
- Conduct interviews.
- Operate equipment.
- Play music and commercials.
- Answer phone calls.
- Represent station at community functions and events.
- Prepare newscasts and deliver them on-air.
- Hold contests and issue prizes to winners.
- Work with Managers and producers to create timely program content.
- Give weather and traffic conditions.
- Deliver sports scores and information about upcoming games.
- Inform the public of program sponsors.
- Announce public service information.
- Record commercials.
- Experience with radio hosting and interviews.
- Knowledge in audio and video production.
- A degree or Diploma in broadcast journalism is encouraged.
- A vehicle and a valid class 5 driver's licence.
- Interactive Communications: Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication.
- Adaptability: Work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations and with diverse individuals and groups.
- Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner.
- Managing Resources: (time, production, and organization resources) to achieve goals.
- Positive Attitude: Able to continue performing when experiencing challenges, setbacks, or other obstacles in the workplace.
- Proactive Nature: Eagerness to learn new skills and proactively seek out an additional task when there is the capacity to do so.
The application must include a cover letter, resume, and 3 reference letters.
- Hand Delivered: 1835-15th Ave. Brocket, AB T0K 0H0
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: P.O. Box 3242 Brocket, AB T0K 0H0
- Fax: (403) 965-2626
Late/and or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please contact Mariah Grier at (403) 965-3092.